Our Coop is an expanding community of passionate entrepreneurs, experts, chefs and farmers looking to impact the world starting right where it matters most – our home soil.
What is a coop?
And what’s ours like?
A coop is a democratized legal structure that allows a variety of individuals and businesses to band together to build something bigger than the sum of it’s parts. Without getting overly technical we all share in the ownership and success of the farm all the while leaving the operations of the farm to the various experts in their respective fields.
Support members are people who are looking to invest some time, energy and resources to the farm in the hopes of supporting our collective vision without working on the farm or in the industry directly. They are people who believe in our mission and gain some benefits from being lasting support for our young farm. Some supporters are also non-voting donors to our farm as well.
Benefits extend far beyond the transaction in the form of last friendships, partnerships and bonds between both people and nature here are some real cool opportunities for ways to get involved in farming without massive barriers to entry.
An important mission of ours is to attract a younger generation to the farm while building a bridge between the rural and urban environment through beautiful edible landscapes.
Benefits vary depending on membership type but some core benefits include:
- Access to community gardens.
- Access to the land, rentals & growing your own food or farm business at greatly reduced risk.
- Discounts on food produced by the farm and it’s producer members.
- Invitations and discounts to private gatherings, training sessions and events.
- Access to structured and unstructured mentorship in entrepreneurship, farming, etc.
- Exposure in through our growing online storytelling presence both in-person and online.
- Inclusion in studies and research projects.
- Support from other members in the growth and synergy of your own start-up or ongoing projects.
- Access to common infrastructure, tools and point of sales for products allowing members to focus on what they love most.
- Discounts on other members services including consulting, storytelling, bookeeping, etc.
- A vote in the overall management and direction of the farm and a financial share of the collective benefits and future abundance the farm can disburse.
- A loving community of people doing their best to work together and thrive collective and tons of warm hearts and smiles.